Richard N. Longenecker is a prominent New Testament scholar and Professor Emeritus of New Testament at Wycliffe College, Toronto. He was formerly Distinguished Professor of New Testament at McMaster Divinity College, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario.
Longenecker received a B.A. (1953) and M.A. (1956) from Wheaton College, a Ph.D. from New College, University of Edinburgh, and his D.D. at Wycliffe College, University of Toronto. He developed an international reputation teaching in several theological schools for 40 years and lecturing widely in North America. Dr. Longenecker has given outstanding leadership in evangelical biblical scholarship, serving as president of the Evangelical Fellowship of Canada and making significant contributions to the Institute for Biblical Research.
Longenecker is the author of numerous books and over fifty published articles in scholarly and professional journals. He is presently completing a major commentary on Paul's Epistle to the Romans, to be published by Eerdmans in the "New International Greek Testament Commentary" series.
|This article is a stub. You can help Religion Wiki by.|
- Biblical Exegesis in the Apostolic Period, Eerdmans Publishing Company; 2nd edition (March 1999) ISBN 0802843018
- Acts (Expositor's Bible Commentary), Zondervan (January 1996) ISBN 031020108X
- Contours Of Christology In The New Testament, Eerdmans Publishing Company (June 2005) ISBN 0802810144
- Community Formation: In the Early Church and in the Church Today, Hendrickson Publishers (November 2002) ISBN 1565637186
- Life in the Face of Death: The Resurrection Message of the New Testament, Eerdmans Publishing Company (October 1998) ISBN 080284474X
- Into God's Presence: Prayer in the New Testament, Eerdmans Publishing Company (October 2001) ISBN 0802848834