Everyone, religious and non-religious alike, is welcome at Religion Wiki. We have some rules to keep everything running smoothly around here, and in order to make our approach to user matters clearer.
Repeated failure to follow any of these rules may result in a temporary block. Continuing to indulge in the same behavior that prompted the block after it has expired may result in a longer or permanent block.
Content of this wiki
- This wiki is primarily concerned with notable real world religions and topics closely related to them.
- Do not use Religion Wiki to write about religions that only exist in your imagination.
- Articles about new religious movements and parody religions will only be accepted if you can prove that they are notable. A link to a reliable secondary source (such as a newspaper article) may be required to prove notability. The fact that a new religious movement has a website or a social media presence is not considered proof that the movement is notable or even that it has any followers.
- Articles about notable fictional religions, such as those that have appeared in published novels, movies, TV series, comic books and video games, are also acceptable.
- Any content that is considered to be beyond the scope of Religion Wiki will be deleted on sight.
- This is an English-language wiki. Articles may be written in standard American English, standard British English or the standard English of any other officially English-speaking nation. Articles written in languages other than English will be deleted on sight.
- Content submitted to Religion Wiki can be your own work or copied from a public domain or CC-BY-SA 3.0 source, such as Wikipedia. See Religionwiki:Copyrights for more information. Do not copy content from WikiIslam, a site that encourages Islamophobia. Do not copy content from Conservapedia. Not only are Conservapedia articles invariably badly written and factually inaccurate, the site also encourages and perpetuates prejudice, especially sexism and homophobia.
- Articles may be deleted if they are considered to be uninformative due to being extremely short or if they are badly written to the point of being incomprehensible.
- This site is for information purposes only. Do not use this wiki to try to convert our editors and/or readers to another religion or try to get them to abandon their religion.
- Spam will not be tolerated. It will be deleted or removed from pages on sight and the spammer may receive an immediate and permanent block.
- Follow advice that is given to you by administrators and other more experienced users. This includes advice that is directly given to you on your talk page and on article talk pages as well as advice included in edit summaries and reasons for deletion.
- Do not edit war. If you have any disagreements with other editors, please discuss them on the relevant article's talk page. Edit warring can result in one or both of the users involved being blocked.
- Be civil. Do not insult any other users with whom you have any disagreements. Do not insult any other users based on their religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, ability or age. Use of slurs will not be tolerated and may result in an immediate and permanent block. Do not harass other users.
- Do not recreate any pages that have previously been deleted without first discussing the matter with administrators and gaining the permission of at least one administrator.
- Malicious vandalism will not be tolerated and will invariably result in a block. The block may be temporary or permanent depending on the extent and severity of the vandalism and/or the user's prior conduct.
- Users who are known to have threatened cross-wiki vandalism elsewhere may be pre-emptively blocked here.
- Users who have obscene or offensive user names or who have obscene or offensive avatars will be blocked on sight.
- You can post almost anything you like on your user page, as long as it is not obscene or offensive. Users who promote hatred or bigotry of any kind will be immediately and permanently blocked.