|Roman Catholic Mariology|
A series of articles on
The letter is subtitled, For the Right Ordering and Development of Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary. The document does not focus on specific themes in Mariology, but clarifies the way the Roman Catholic Church celebrates liturgies that commemorate Mary and about Marian devotion. The preparation of the document reportedly took 4 years.
The Apostolic Letter has three part:
- Part 1 discusses the history of Marian devotions and their rationale.
- Part 2 focuses on what should/will take place in Marian devotions in the future.
The conclusion to the document emphasizes the theological and pastoral value of devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- Redemptoris Mater
- Marian papal encyclicals and Apostolic Letters
- Pope Paul VI's Apostolic Letter Marialis Cultus http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/paul_vi/apost_exhortations/documents/hf_p-vi_exh_19740202_marialis-cultus_en.html
- History of Marialis Cultus http://campus.udayton.edu/mary/resources/documents/MC.html
|This Roman Catholicism-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|