|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; suggestions are available. (February 2010)|
| This article does not cite any references or sources.
Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (February 2010)
A liminal deity is a god or goddess in mythology who presides over thresholds, gates, or doorways.
List of liminal deities
- Cardea, goddess of health, thresholds and door hinges and handles
- Janus, god of gates, doors, doorways, beginnings and endings
- Lima, goddess of thresholds
- Mercury, messenger of the gods and guide of the dead; equivalent to the Greek god Hermes
- Portunes, god of keys, doors and livestock
- Terminus, god who protected boundary markers
- Trivia, goddess of witchcraft, the three-way crossroads, and the harvest moon; equivalent to the Greek goddess Hecate
|Look up liminal in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|This mythology-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.