The fifteenth day of June.
- 1053: The army of Pope Leo IX is defeated by the Normans at the Battle of Civitate
- 1520: Pope Leo X issues the papal bull Exsurge Domine, threatening Martin Luther with excommunication unless Luther recants 41 points of doctrine culled from his writings within sixty days. Luther responds with On the Freedom of a Christian.
- 1919: Paul Joseph Cardinal Pham Dình Tung of Vietnam, retired Archbishop of Hanoi
- Augustine of Hippo's feast in many Eastern Orthodox Churches
- Saint Vitus (observed with Sts. Modestus and Crescentia), patron of actors and epileptics
- Saint Landelin (7th century)
- Saint Edburga of Winchester (d. 960)
- Saint Germaine Cousin, (d. 1601), patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
|This page uses content from Wikia's Christian Knowledge Base Wiki. The original article was at June 15. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with the Religion-wiki, the text of the Christian Knowledge Base Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.