Some of his most noteworthy compositions include "Miami Beach Rhumba", "Managua, Nicaragua" and "Chantez, Chantez," covered by Dinah Shore in the 1940s.
Irving Fields' most famous album is "Bagels & Bongos", recorded with his piano/bass/drums trio for Decca Records, which is the earliest fusion of Klezmer and Latin music. It sold 2 million copies after its release in 1959. This was reissued on CD by Reboot Stereophonic. The next year he released the sequel "More Bagels & Bongos", which was reissued on CD in 2009 by Roman Midnight Music, under the direct creative advisement of 94-year old Fields. Irving claims to have recorded nearly 100 albums featuring trios, quartets, orchestras and solo. His most work is the 1960s output that directly followed Bagels & Bongos and fused international music with Latin, including: "Bikinis and Bongos", featuring Hawaiian music and planned for a 2010 reissue also by Roman Midnight Music, "Pizza and Bongos" featuring Italian music, and "Champagne and Bongos" featuring French music.
Irving wrote a theme song for YouTube that became very popular. He wrote it in fifteen minutes without ever owning a computer.
Irving currently plays six nights a week (all but Mondays) at Nino's Tuscany, an Italian restaurant on W. 58th Street between 6th and 7th Ave. in New York. Previous to his position at Nino's Tuscany, Fields performed at the East River Cafe, a Mediterranean restaurant located on First Avenue and E. 61st Street. Upon leaving, he transferred the job to his protege, Juilliard trained 30 year Manhattan cocktail pianist Albert Aprigliano, who considers Irving Fields to be his mentor.
- Irving Fields Trio: The Fabulous Fingers, Fiesta FLP-1228
- Irving Fields Trio: Plays Irving Berlin in Fabulous Hi-Fi, Tops L1562
- Irving Fields Trio: At the Latin Quarter, 20th Century Fox 1010
- Irving Fields Trio: Broadway Hits in Hi-Fi, ABC-Paramount ABC-154
- Irving Fields Trio: At the Saint Moritz, ABC-Paramount ABC-187
- Irving Fields Trio: More Bagels and Bongos, Decca DL-74114 (reissued on CD)
- Irving Fieldds Trio: Pizzas and Bongos, Decca DL-74175
- Irving Fields Trio: Champagne and Bongos, Decca DL-74238
- Irving Fields Trio: Bikinis and Bongos, Decca DL-74323
- Irving Fields Trio: Bagels and Bongos, Decca DL-78856 (reissued on CD)
- Irving Fields and his Trio at the Emerald Room, Decca DL-78901
- Irving Fields Trio: Latin Dance Date, RCA Camden CAL-350
- Irving Fields Trio: Melody Cruise to Vienna, Oceanic OCP 515
- Irving Fields Trio: Melody Cruise To Havana
- Solo: 50 Songs You'll Always Love, SMI 6
- Solo: 38 Romantic Favorites
- Solo: Irving Field's Jewish Comedy Album, Roman Midnight Music
- Solo: ... At Carnegie Hall
- Solo: Round The World Cruise
- Solo: My Yiddishe Mama's Favourites, Tzadik TZ8117