Shurins music ranges from soft folk ballads to electric guitar, fast-paced, dance-able music. His lyrics range from original to biblically sources or a mashup of the two. A major hit of his was "Zochreini Na". The lyrics of the song are the prayer of Samson asking God to restore his strength so he can exact his revenge upon Philistines who had captured and blinded him.
Mr. Shurin has been featured in documentaries and briefly became a pop star within the settler movement with songs calling for violence against the Palestinians and resistance to Israel's 2005 withdrawal from the Gaza Strip.
- Kol Dodi: Voice of my Love (1980)
- Chakal Tapuchim: The field of Sacred Apples (1984), with Dovid Lybush
- Madly In Love With The One Above (1999)
- Biblical Revenge (2002), Aderet Music Corp.
- Bio of R' Yisroel Shurin, Reprinted from Ya'ated Neeman, 2007
- Three storeys - and a nation - built by tragedy, Mark MacKinnon. Mar. 28, 2009, Globe and Mail
- The Jewish Insights
- Kahane followers: radical Jews in garb of American counterculture Charles Levinson and Michael Blum, Sawf News
- Doc visits West Bank mess. Nov 24, 2000, Toronto Star
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original article was at Dov Shurin. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.|