|Born||March 9, 1957|
|Congregations served||Sacramento Seventh-day Adventist Church|
|Offices held||President/Speaker Amazing Facts|
|Children||Cheri, Rachel, Micah, Daniel, Stephen, Nathan|
|Parents||George Batchelor, Ruth Batchelor|
Doug Batchelor (born March 9, 1957) is an evangelist of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and author of several books including The Richest Caveman. His primary ministry is Amazing Facts - a worldwide television and radio broadcast ministry based in Sacramento, California. He also pastors the Sacramento Central Seventh-day Adventist Church. Batchelor is the son of the Florida aviation tycoon and philanthropist George Batchelor and the Hollywood film critic, actress and songwriter Ruth Batchelor. He spent his youth searching for the purpose of life, and, while living in a cave in southern California, he found a Bible that ultimately changed his life.
Doug Batchelor is the speaker of the weekly TV program Amazing Facts Presents which can be seen weekly on national cable networks. He is also the speaker on Bible Answers Live a one-hour paid radio program heard over 100 radio stations across the United States and on satellite radio around the world.
As a pastor, Batchelor can also be seen when speaking at the Sacramento Seventh-day Adventist Church which is aired as Central Study Hour and Everlasting Gospel on TV locally and by satellite on 3ABN and Hope Channel.
In 2007, Batchelor appeared amongst many others on the documentary God on My Side, hosted by Andrew Denton on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) TV channel. The episode covered the 63rd National Religious Broadcasters Convention in Dallas, Texas. (The documentary appeared as part of Denton's weekly show Enough Rope, which was normally a one-on-one interview of a celebrity). In no way did the ABC, the program or Mr Denton endorse or support the activities of Batchelor or his organisation.
Batchelor is an avowed pro-family and pro-marriage campaigner.
Batchelor is married to Karen Batchelor and has five living children. His hobbies include guitar, scuba diving, racquetball and flying.
Doug Batchelor is the author of four books:
- The Richest Caveman: The Doug Batchelor Story
- To See the King
- How to Survive and Thrive in Church
- At Jesus' Feet: The Gospel According to Mary Magdalene
- Published July 31 2002, George Batchelor obituary, Accessed 2008-09-26
- The New York Times, July 29, 1992, Ruth Batchelor Obituary, Accessed 2008-09-26
- Batchelor, Doug (1990). The Doug Batchelor Story : From Caveman to Christian. Nampa, ID: Pacific Press Publishing Association. p. 128. ISBN 0816308764.
- Batchelor, Doug (1991). The Richest Caveman - The Doug Batchelor Story. Sacramento, CA: Mountain Ministry. p. 128. ISBN 0816308764.
- Batchelor, Doug (1991). To See the King. Sacramento, CA: Mountain Ministry. p. 94.
- Batchelor, Doug (1998). How to Survive and Thrive in Church.
- Batchelor, Doug (December 2000). At Jesus' Feet - The Gospel According to Mary Magdalene. Hagerstown, MD: Review and Herald Publishing Association. p. 186. ISBN 0828015910.
- Amazing Facts Official Website
- Information about Doug Batchelor
- Sacramento Central Seventh-day Adventist Church website
|This page uses content that was added to Wikipedia but has since been deleted from that website.|